Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sleep deprived

Since Andrew is sick of listening to me rant about how annoying it is to be woken up at 7:30 every morning by construction trucks, leaf blowers, workers yelling at each other, people on a ladder right outside our window, lawn mowers, garbage trucks, etc., I'd thought I'd try a new crowd.  Apparently the only time anything can get done is at 7:30 in the morning.  I come home from school in the late morning, and everything is peaceful (kind of).  We have a bet going that Ray and Marcia's neighbors are going to start a huge renovation the day after we move in.  It would be like unto our past luck.  In our first apartment, our window sat perpendicular to the alley in between the other complex.  In the winter it would freeze over and cars had a hard time going through.  At all hours of the morning you would hear little cars try as they might to get over the snow, but to no avail.  It was not uncommon for us both to wake out of a dead sleep and giggle as we listened to them try.  I also wonder, how can so many car alarms go off in one area?  I mean, I don't think I had ever heard a car alarm (except for when I wanted to be mean to my mom) before I moved into apartments.  I just don't get it.

Also, we used to have a beautiful Cherry Blossom tree right outside our window, and now we have this:


Seriously?  Fail.

So because I was up until 1:30 this morning filling out job applications, and then woke up at 8 to get ready for school, and as soon as I was getting ready to walk out the door, I realized that my class doesn't actually start until 10:30, and I set my alarm an hour earlier than I needed to; I'm not in the best mood.  And to top that, I just inputed a run on sentence.  So to quote one of my favorite movies, "When life gives you lemons, just say $%& the lemons and bail."

No comments:

Post a Comment