I'm not really big on the scary/gory aspects of Halloween. I like the cutesy decorations, and the fun costumes. Unfortunately for Andrew being scared is one of my LEAST favorite things, so I refuse(d) to watch a "true" Halloween movie with him. Instead he watched a movie with his dad and I had a friend over and we watched "Teen Witch." It was awesome . . .
Last year Andrew and I discovered we have this incredible talent of patience and persistence when it comes to pumpkin carving, so we did a lot of it. The best way to describe our antics last year would be that compared to a crack addict . . . we ran around in the dark, rainy parts of downtown Tacoma frantically searching for an open grocery store with just 2 more pumpkins! Due to very busy schedules this year, we weren't able to pull off the TEN pumpkins like we did last year, but I got in 3 and Andrew did 4. My hands are sore from picking out ONE MILLION (no more, no less) pumpkin seeds in order to roast those delicious suckers. Andrew's excuse for not helping was his claim that "pumpkin goo" is good for your skin, and he'd hate to deprive me of the softest, most gelatinous hands. *Gelatinous was my word, not his . . . good word, huh?







No comments:
Post a Comment